Featured Image: ‘March’ in the Action Jackson 2016 calendar
Now Playing: Dar Pe Bulao – Mohammad Rashid Azim.
I know there are still a few days until it is formally the end of the month, I will be in surgery having 4 wisdom teeth removed this coming Tuesday, so I’m getting all my tidbits done now so that I don’t go in stressed out that I haven’t done something or the other that I should have done, hence the early monthly roundup.
As the end of the month nears, I can’t help but fall into that endless cycle of ‘wow, yet another month of the year has passed’. It’s one of those things, isn’t it? You experience this passing of time literally every second of your life from the moment you were conceived and yet, each passing month surprises you more than the last. It’s almost as if we want time to stand still so that we can stop feeling bad about being lazy and not achieving what we’d set out to do at the beginning of that month, haha.
But, it is always nicer to focus on the good things rather than the bad, so I’m going to (try and) list the things I’ve achieved this past month and later try and make a note of the things I need to work on in April.
- Completion of my apprenticeship in ‘Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools’
- A full-time job as an SEN TA
- 76 in my first every uni assignment (on the short course)
- A confirmed place at university for the 2016/17 year to study ‘Special Education’
- Planning and execution of a baby shower
- Selling loads of stuff on Gumtree
- Movie date with the faves
- Healthier relationship with the ones I love
- A genuine attempt at repairing (some) broken relations
- Still tea/coffee-free since Nov 2015
Things to work on in April:
- Achieving more than 76 in my second assignment
- Reading more books
- Taking better care of myself
- Steadier hand at Arabic calligraphy using the qalam
- Repair some more relations
- Set a few long term affairs in order
God has been far greater to me than I deserve this year, and I know that I need to work out a better way of showing thanks than just assuming that He knows. But, I am grateful. It has been a wonderful month within a wonderful year, and I hope that I can maintain this goodness both internally and externally for as long as I possibly can.
I hope that this month has been good to you all, and if not, I hope that next month you do everything within your power to make it the best possible time for your body, mind, and soul.