- 120g butter
- 120g muscovado sugar
- 120g flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 50g icing sugar (for decoration)
- 2 tbsp coconut milk (for decoration)
- handful of banana chips (for decoration)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add the eggs slowly and a little bit of flour at a time. Fold in the rest of the flour, adding the mashed banana and the baking powder.
- Put in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine the icing sugar and milk and coat the bread. Scatter over a handful of banana chips for decoration.
To create a vegan version of this, replace the butter with a vegan butter and the eggs with half a cup of coconut/almond milk.