- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tin of boiled chickpeas, drained
- 500g lamb mince, washed
- 1 jar of tomato pasta sauce, divided into two
- 8 potatoes, cut into chunks
- 85g butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, then soften the onion and chickpeas for a few mins. When soft, turn up the heat, crumble in the lamb and brown, tipping off any excess fat. Add the tomato sauce, then cover and cook for 40 mins, uncovering halfway.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 180C, then make the mash. Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10-15 mins until tender. Drain, then mash with the butter and milk.
- Put the mince into an ovenproof dish, top with the mash and ruffle with a fork. Bake for 20-25 mins until the top is starting to colour and the mince is bubbling through at the edges.Leave to stand for 5 mins before serving.