Baked Tortilla Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Cut the tortillas into wedges.
- Spread the tortilla wedges out on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake the tortilla wedges for about 6 minutes, then use tongs to turn the wedges over.
- Sprinkle with a little salt, and bake for another 6 to 9 minutes, until they are just beginning to colour. Remove from the oven and let cool.
5 Minute Hummus
- 1 can chickpeas, NOT drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Microwave undrained chickpeas and whole garlic cloves in a mixing bowl for 4 minutes.
- Add to blender or food processor and process with lemon juice, salt and tahini. Stream in olive oil while mixing.
- Process until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed.
- Garnish with a little more olive oil and paprika, and serve with veggies, crackers and pita. (can be kept in the fridge for about a week)