- 2 chicken fillets, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the chicken and onion. Cook until the onion is caramelised and golden brown. Mix in the spinach and remove from heat when cooked through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and salt, and set aside.
- Coat a baking dish with vegetable spray. Arrange 1 layer of potatoes, overlapping slightly. Spread the tomatoes evenly on top of the potatoes. Pour 1/3 of the milk mixture over the tomatoes. Add another layer of potatoes and then the chicken-spinach mixture, spreading evenly. Top with another third of the milk mixture. Finish with the last layer of potatoes and sprinkle on the shredded cheese. Drizzle the remaining milk mixture over the dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. Remove from oven and let rest, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.