- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, thick
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried mint
- 1/4 cup parsley, flat
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt and sugar.
- Add egg and melted butter, then gradually add water until a ball forms.
- Rest dough in an oil coated bowl for 30 minutes and cover it with cling film.
- To prepare stuffing: in another bowl mix mozzarella, parsley, mint, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Dust some flour on a hard surface, and form the dough into a big circle.
- Using a cutter/cup/bowl, cut smaller circles out of this.
- Put some stuffing in each circle slightly to one side but keep it away from the edges.
- Close the dough as if forming a semi circle and then with holding the bottom part and pulling it up with a twisting motion all the way until it closes.
- Repeat steps 7-8 until all the dough has been used up.
- Heat oil in a pan/fryer, and deep fry until golden brown.