- All butter sweet pastry cases (x30)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- Put brown sugar, plain flour, butter, vanilla essence and egg yolks into a medium saucepan and mix well together.
- Slowly add milk beating well (don’t worry if mixture appears to curdle – it usually does).
- Put over a medium heat and stir continuously until it thickens and has a rich glossy brown colour, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool and pour into ready made pastry shell.