- 2 cups carrot, grated
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder (can also use 1 cinnamon stick instead)
- 4 cardamons
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup dried coconut (I used desiccated)
- Peel and grate carrots – or use a food processor. In a saucepan, melt the ghee and add the spices after a few seconds.
- Add the carrots and saute on medium heat for approx 5 minutes – carrots will be soft and water released from them will have dried.
- Keeping the pan on medium heat, add the sugar and milk, heating until the milk has been absorbed by the carrots.
- Add 1/4 cup of dried coconut and evaporated milk to the saucepan until the this mixture has almost dried.
- Leave the mixture to cool for approx 10-15 minutes. When ready, roll the mixture with greased hands to equal sizes.
- Drop each ball in the remaining coconut and arrange on a lightly greased plate.
- To store longer: store in the fridge.