- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup vegetable stock (can also just use normal boiling water)
- 1/4 tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, halved lengthways
- 2 slices of tomato
- 3 slices of aubergine
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Lemon juice, 2 tsp
- In a bowl, place the couscous and vegetable stock together. Mix in the finely chopped tomato, red onions, and green chilies. Cover with a plate/cling film and leave to soak and expand.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the aubergine slices and coat with a little salt and pepper (can be as little/much as you’d like).
- On a pan (I used a griddle pan), grill the aubergine and tomato slices until soft on both sides. Serve on top of the couscous with a drizzle of lemon juice when ready.