Say hellooooooo to my childhood. These aubergine fritters were the best thing ever and back in the day, they were like the fancy thing that mum would make once in a blue moon and I’d really look forward to. But now that I’ve grown up, I’ve found that these are the easiest things ever to make and I love them enough to go out of my way and find myself good aubergines. So, here, make some for yourself and treat yourself to some veggie goodness:
- Aubergine, sliced into disks
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Oil, for frying
- In a bowl, combine the salt, flour and turmeric.
- Add water in small increments until the mixture is runny but still thick enough to coat the aubergine slices.
- Dip the aubergine slices in the mixture and coat them evenly.
- In a large frying pan/wok, heat the oil and fry the slices until golden brown on each side.
- Drain the oil on a paper towel. Serve immediately.