Aaaaaand here’s the final item in the 30 minute blast dinner, cooked couscous. To be fair, this was the best I could do because basmati rice is a pain, pasta requires some saucy base, and, well, you can just cook couscous in some boiling water, haha. But all things considered, this tasted pretty good for something I thought of as a quick fix – especially considering I threw in a heap of leftover veggies from the fridge because they were on the verge of rotting.
- 4 cups couscous
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 aubergine, cut into chunks
- 1 tomato, cut into small chunks
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Few sprigs of coriander, chopped
- In a bowl, add the boiling water to the couscous and cover with a plate to fluff up.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onions, carrots, salt and aubergines until softened.
- Add in the couscous and mix well, combining all the ingredients. Once combined, add in the tomatoes and mix through.
- To garnish, sprinkle with some chopped coriander. Can be served hot or cold.