Since my brothers are huge meat/chicken eaters, it’s near impossible for me to make veggie foods without them being all sulky and essentially crybabies. So, the other day I decided to experiment with some left over oven-baked chicken and the last bits of cherry tomatoes, and it went down a storm! Here’s how I made it:
- 500g pasta, boiled and drained
- 2 fillets oven baked chicken, shredded
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp cooking oil (any kind will do)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- In a wok (this is the one I use), heat the oil and fry the onions until soft.
- Add the salt, turmeric, and shredded chicken until the chicken is looking cooked through.
- Add the tomato sauce, and the pasta. Mix well and add in the tomatoes.
- Put the lid on the wok and let it cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve immediately.