So as you’ve all probably established by now through my incessant Instagram posts, brunch and/or breakfast – depends on the day – is a HUGE deal for me right now. Like I actually LOVE waking up an hour or so earlier in the mornings just to put together a cute setting for everyone else in the house to wake up to because it just puts everyone in good spirits when there is good food! Top tip for you all: food is the way to most people’s hearts, especially when it’s handmade. Anyway, I digress, the point of this post is to share a recipe for my go-to item when hosting any finger food style affair, mini frittatas. I’m not going to lie to you guys, I’ve been calling it egg muffins the entire time and the name has only come from my dear friend and fellow blogger, Thuy – she’s an adorable thing, check out her blog for all things aesthetically pleasing.
These frittatas can have ANYTHING in them. Trust me. I have experimented with a million different things and it has been a success every time. The recipe I will share with you guys makes about 12 portions and if you want more, just double the ingredients up.
- 6 eggs
- A handful of baby leaf spinach
- 1/4 of a red pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 of a green pepper, finely diced
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Butter (to grease the pan)
- Using butter or cooking oil spray, grease a muffin pan well and keep aside for later. Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well ensuring they are all evenly distributed and coated.
- Pour a ladle-full into each muffin pan hole until you have filled all 12 – or however many it is you are choosing to do.
- Place the pan in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Once golden brown at the top, get out of the oven. They should pop straight out of their holes with the help of a spoon around the edges.
- These can be served both hot or at room temperature – the flavour remains.
Do you see what I mean by a dead easy recipe? You can change up all the ingredients or throw in spices or whatever the heck it is you want to complement your taste buds! These mini frittatas always go down a treat and the family always look forward to it, and I hope they can be just as amazing for you!